Detailed guide on the first 4 steps to start with LeadFox
We’ve noticed that a lot of our users feel lost in front of so many awesome Marketing Automation features.
This guide has been designed to help you quickly set up your first campaign with LeadFox.
Before we start, let’s see the scope of this detailed guide.
First, make sure you have a free trial account to follow the steps, here’s a link in case you don’t have one. Free trial 21 days.
Once you got your account, we’ll go through importing your contact list and start linking everything together. Just making sure nothing gets lost.
Next, you want to learn how to grow your list and to maintain it properly. And we’re ready for our first campaign: an email campaign to get people on your website! You’ll also learn to automate the emails to make it more efficient and customized to your mailing list. Finally, we’ll go through AB testing and how our analytics dashboard can help you improve over time.
Here’s what we will cover:
- How to create and grow your contact list
- How to create an email and newsletter with LeadFox
- How to automate emails with LeadFox
- Analyze and increase your performance!
Step 1: How to create and grow your contact list
1.1: Importing your contact list
Use the integrated LeadFox CRM to collect and manage all your contacts.
Here’s how to import your contacts:
- Go to the menu on the left and select Contacts.
- Choose Contacts and click All Contacts.
Two options are available; you can:
– Manually add a contact with its email address and information.
– Import a contact list from a CSV file or copy-paste your contacts from an Excel file.
There you go! Your contact list has now been imported.
You can segment your contacts and create lists to customize your emails. This will simplify the process when you are sending emails since you will know exactly who you want to communicate with. When creating a campaign, you will also be able to redirect your leads into a list after they have filled out a form.
Here are some examples of lists you can do:
- French Leads
- English Leads
- Leads who downloaded a specific offer such as a coupon or e-book
- Leads who became customers
- Newsletter subscribers
Let’s see how to automatically generate more contacts with lead capture tools.
1.2: How to use lead generation tools
With LeadFox, it is very simple to create forms for your website or even pop-ups that will strategically appear on sections of your website and URLs. Here’s how it works.
1.2.1 Creating your first campaign
Each marketing tool must be linked to a campaign, so the first thing to do is to create your first campaign with LeadFox in just three steps.
1. You must select Create Campaign from the left menu
2. You are now on the Create Campaign page. You just have to name your campaign, click Generate and Convert Leads, and just like that, your campaign will be created.
3. Then you will land on this page, which will allow you to choose and create your lead collection tools: Landing Page, Form and Pop-up.
1.3 Creating a pop-up
Here is the pop-up creator. You can start creating your pop-up from pre-designed templates (public models) or create your own templates (blank pop-up) and start from scratch.
To create your first pop-up, we suggest that you choose a template and adapt it according to your tastes.
Once your template is picked, you just have to name your pop-up and click on Start with this template.
You will then land in the pop-up creator.
Here is the model we will use
Here is the pop-up creator
You can add and modify the elements of the pop-up using the menu on the left. Simply select, drag and drop the elements in the work area. You can modify the preexisting elements in the template: texts, colors, etc. You can also change the dimensions of the pop-up.
Below we changed the pop-up for a women’s clothing store
There is your pop-up creator!
Once the creation is complete, verify that your pop-up is suitable for mobiles by clicking on the mobile icon. Adjust it to ensure that it is optimal.
Congratulations! Your pop-up is now complete, do not forget to Save.
You can click on this arrow to return to the pop-up management page.
Now, the final step is to configure and integrate your pop-up in your website.
1) Determine the web pages on which you want your pop-up to appear.
2) Click Inclusion List to enter the selected URLs.
3) Choose the number of seconds before the pop-up appears and the number of days before displaying the pop-up for a second time to the same visitor. Choose the contact list in which the visitor will automatically find himself after completing the form in your pop-up (other website URL or thank you page)
4) Select the page on which your lead will be redirected after completing your form. This can be another page of your website or a thank you page that you can create in LeadFox.
5) Click the Activate button to activate your pop-up
There you go! Now all the visitors who land on your website and leave their information in order to get the offer in your pop-up will automatically be placed in your CRM. You will notice an increase in your leads simply by setting up a pop-up in minutes! And yes, it is that simple!
Step 2: How to create an email and newsletter with LeadFox
Now that you have created your lists, your first campaign and your pop-up, it is time to build tools that will convert your visitors and leads into paying customers. We will see how to build an email and a newsletter, and how to automate emails in order to personalize them.
2.1: Choose your template and build the email (email and newsletter)
LeadFox offers many pre-designed templates for emails and newsletters, which simplifies the creation and design process. Let’s see how to do it step by step.
1) Select Marketing Tools then Emails from the menu on the left.
2) On the right, click Create Email.
3) Link your email to your campaign
4) You are now on the Email creation page
5) You can choose the template of your choice from the suggested templates or start from scratch.
6) Once your template has been selected, name it and click Start with this template. You will land in the email creator where you will be able to create your email or your newsletter as you like.
7) Just like with the pop-up creator, use the left menu to add or edit items and the right menu to change the design of those same items.
8) You must modify these fields. Choose the email address from where the email will be sent, the name of the person sending the message, the subject of the email and the unsubscribe text. All these elements are mandatory.
9) When you have finished creating your e-mail, send a test email to your own inbox to see what it looks like on your computer and also on your mobile.
Here is a sample email for a fictitious clothing store that we have changed.
10) Your email is now ready to be sent! Save it and return to the email manager by clicking on the arrow.
2.2: Send an e-mail, a newsletter
You have reached the step of sending your email or newsletter. Two choices are available: send it now or schedule it for later.
1) First, you must choose the list of contacts to whom you will send your email.
2) If you want to send your email immediately, select the Send option and click the Send button.
3) If you want to send it later, select Schedule, choose the date and time and click the Schedule button.
This step is complete! At this point in your campaign process, you already: created a campaign, created your lead capture tool (pop-up) and your conversion tool (email, newsletter). In other words, you are fully capable of converting your visitors into leads and customers! It’s great news! In the next steps, you will see how to do even better!
Step 3: How to automate emails with LeadFox
What is better than sending emails?
The answer: Automating your emails!
That is what LeadFox allows you to do! Email automation generates a higher conversion rate because it allows the right message to be sent to the right person at the right time, encouraging the lead’s progress in the sales funnel until the purchase.
“Companies that send automated emails are 133% more likely to send relevant messages that match a customer’s purchase cycle. ”
– Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups
3.1: Creating a funnel (scenario) in LeadFox
Automating your emails allows you to automatically send communications and offers to your leads using scenarios and predetermined variables.
Here are the main variables that you will control when creating your automated system:
- Starting list: Who will enter your automation process? For example, your current lists of newsletter subscribers and contacts following the download of an e-book or discount coupon. You can make as many lists as you want to segment your contacts and send them customized emails and offers.
- Delay: select the number of minutes, hours or days before the automation starts and proceed to the next step in your scenario. For example, when will someone receive your first email after they download an offer or submit a form?
The condition: You have access to regulations in order to create different scenarios depending on the actions or properties of the contacts. For example: “Did he open an email?” Note that you can set up a different scenario for each of your contacts.
The offered conditions are:
- Contact Properties;
- Opening an email;
- Submitting a form;
- Clicking in an email;
- Subscribing to a list;
- Clicking on a URL of your website;
- Lifecycle of the contact.
The Action: After selecting the condition and the delay, you can choose the marketing action that you would like to apply.
The offered actions are:
- Update contact information;
- Update life cycle;
- Subscribe to a list;
- Unsubscribe from a list;
- Send an email;
- Unsubscribe the contact;
- Delete the contact.
You can create as many “nodes” as you want until the end of your automation. The only limit is your imagination.
You can end the automation process once the lead has completed the desired action. The lead or customer will automatically exit your automation and will be redirected to a list of your choice.
Automated emails show an average of 70.5% higher opening rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “regular” commercial emails.
– Epsilon Email Institute
Here is the example of a node in LeadFox
Step 4: Analyze and increase your performance!
Optimizing your tools is strongly recommended in order to obtain the best possible results. To do so, you can use A/B tests for each tool to determine which version works best.
4.1: A / B test
Let’s go back to the pop-up management page
1) From the menu on the left, select Marketing Tools and Pop-ups, and then select the name of the pop-up you created. You will land on your pop-up’s management page.
2) By clicking on create a variant, a second version of your pop-up will be created. You will be able to modify this version in order to offer a second pop-up to your users.
3) Select Copy from an existing pop-up and then choose the pop-up you have created and Variant A and then Copy. An A-Copy version of this pop-up will be created.
Otherwise, choose Create new variant and start again for version B.
4) Modify the second version of your pop-up as you like. You can change the color, the call to action button or the tagline. The idea is to compare and determine what works best and to only use the version that has the highest conversion rate.
Our version A
Our version B
5) Save this new version and click on the arrow to return to the management page.
6) Publish both versions simultaneously to your users.
The weight determines the percentage of users who will see either version. To get an equal ratio, we divided the weight 50/50. One in two users will see one of the pop-up versions presented above.
Since the same principle is applied, you can do A/B tests with your emails, newsletters and landing pages.
The more you test your tools, the more you can optimize them and understand what works best to convert your visitors into paying customers!
Every action you take will provide you with important information about your users’ behaviors as well as the performance of your campaigns.
You will see the number of views, visits and conversions for each pop-up. This is how you can determine which pop-up has the highest conversion rate and only keep that version.
You will see: the number of emails sent, the opening rate and click through rate. In addition, you will be able to know who has interacted with your email (opened, clicked, unsubscribed) and which links work best thanks to the number of clicks per link.
You will see all the performances related to your campaign in real time: the number of visits, leads generated and customers overall. You will also how all the tools of your specific campaign are performing.
Congratulations! You have set up a full campaign in LeadFox! We hope that this guide has helped you.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any information. As you are using the software, click on the icon at the bottom left to receive assistance in less than a minute!
Stay tuned to learn how to create a landing page from A to Z with best practices.
Subscribe to our blog to get the best tips